Monday, December 20, 2010

what makes it worth it...

I'm exhausted.  I don't remember the last time I slept more than 90 minutes in a row.  My eyes burn constantly.  I survive on chocolate and caffeine (since being released to a regular diet after Sammy's colic treatments).  I'm irritable and not always nice.  I'm dread the nights b/c I know that Sam will wake up constantly.

But you know what? 

I know it's worth it (and I guess deep down I know it won't last forever).  You know why?  Because I have this awesome 2 1/2 year old who reminds me that the infant stage doesn't last forever (of course, it's followed by sometimes not fun times as a toddler). 

He is at this wonderful stage where he freely gives me giant hugs and tells me many times a day that he loves me (as he's doing right this minute as I try to type).  He climbs behind me in the chair and says he wants to rub my back because it hurts.  He tells me thank you, you're welcome, I'm sorry I hurt you, Mommy, and he "shakes his booty."

And then today, on our way home from playing with friends (9 boys and 2 girls between 5 moms...and 3 kids were missing!), I turned around and told him how proud I was of him for behaving so well while we were at our friend's house.  I told him thank you for obeying me and for being such a good boy.  And do you know what he said??  He told me, "thank you mom for taking me to play with my friends." 

Oh boy.  Stick a fork in me.  I'm done.  My boy is the BOMB!  Love you so much Little Major!






3 comments:

Love Bears All Things said...

A beautiful post!!
Mama Bear

Eliza said...

Precious! I love how sweet this toddler stage is.

Pattie said...

And to top it all off, he is as cute as can possibly be!