Monday, December 11, 2006

Updates

Just a couple updates...

I talked to my mom last night, and she told me that my brother and his wife lost their baby. SIL went in for her 12 week appointment, and they couldn't find a heart beat. They say the baby just stopped developing. I haven't talked to bro and SIL, but I'm sure they're heartbroken. SIL really wants a baby, and she's a year older than me. Mom told me that she's known several people in the last year, in their 30's, who have miscarried around the 12th week. Now I'm scared...

On to better news...

I FOUND my Irish Friendship ring! I had lost it right after Thanksgiving, but while I was wrapping gifts last night, I found it in the bottom of a shopping bag! I have NO idea how it got there, but I'm so glad to have it back!

Our CA house is in escrow! We're supposed to close on it by Christmas...that is, if our buyers stop freaking out about the sidewalk in the front of the house that has settled a little bit. They're insisting that we pay for a soils engineer to come out and do a compaction test (we're talking BIG money for this test). C'mon people! It's not the house that's messed up, it's a SIDEWALK! I could sure use everyone's prayers that this deal goes through!

AND, I'm DONE with my Christmas shopping! Yes, it's December 11, and I'M DONE! Of course, I still have to wrap everything, and since I still have 14 days until Christmas, I will probably still continue to BUY things that I don't really need, but at least my list is complete!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, sally. i'm SO sorry about the baby. that is so sad.

Yay on everything else, though, that's awesome!

Anonymous said...

I finished my shopping before you! :-) Now I'm just waiting for all of it to get here in the mail. I am so glad you found your ring!Was it in one of the bags from that night? Sorry about the baby. Will pray really hard that everything goes well for you when that time comes :-)

Sally said...

YES, it was in the Steve & Barry's bag...I have NO idea how it got there!!

Angel said...

First time to your blog.

Let me say how sorry I am for your brother and his wife. I can't even imagine the heartbreak and thank God that I was spared of something like that. I have two healthy little ones that I pray stay that way (both healthy and little.) I'll say a prayer for them both.

Isn't it great to find something that you thought was completely lost? I lost a ring in high school but never found it. I wonder if it's in the same wonderful land of the lost that my Maglite flashlight that my daughter had last. Hmmm.

Good luck on selling the house. It's not an easy thing. I'll say a prayer for that as well.

And yeah! on finishing up shopping. I'm done too, which ticks hubby off as he hasn't even begun, but he's a man. Isn't that how all men are? LOL.

Sally said...

Oh, you mean your hubby shops?? Wow! Aren't you lucky! =) Since I've KNOWN my hubby I've been buying gifts for everyone on his side of the family. I guess he DOES buy things for me...but only if I provide a detailed list (complete with websites and stores - aisle numbers in the stores help, too...or pictures are even better)...for some reason he thinks I'm SO hard to shop for.

Angel said...

Ummm he does shop, but I shop for his family. It's only for me that he shops and one little other thing. I even shop for his paralegals and secretaries. I give him a detailed list of what I want but he does do a good job of picking out things I've wanted earlier in the year. And he hates to wrap.

Sally said...

So, our guys sound like they're pretty similar...or maybe ALL guys are like that! B has been known to surprise me on occasion, and those are always really fun times!

Angel said...

Yes...they are a lot alike. I'm willing to bet that MOST guys are like that (though not all.)

And my hubby has been known to surprise me in wonderful ways with my favorite perfume or new Vicky Secret jammies or tickets to something. It's when I see a box from a jewelry store that I get worried (it means a gift that I keep paying for. LOL)

Sally said...

I know...those jewelry boxes are a little bittersweet...the jewelry is fun, but you know that YOU are paying for it, too...those days of getting jewelry from a "boyfriend" are long gone!

I did get a sapphire ring for our 5 year anniversary, and I love it! I'm glad he bought it for me!

Angel said...

I got two diamond bands for our 10th this past may. It has a total of 10 diamonds with the 10th being from my engagement ring. He got it on the sly, did an excellent job with getting a good price and I love it! He got EXACTLY what I wanted. *smile*

Angel said...

Sally I'm sorry about your family's loss. I know how a loss like that feels.

And yay for all the GOOD news there! GOOD LUCK WITH THE HOUSE!