Friday, July 13, 2007

And it burns, burn, burns…

And it burns, burn, burns. The ring of fire, the ring of fire.

I went to the eye doctor yesterday. And I LOVE him.

My eyes have been red and burning for 6 months, and I finally couldn’t take it anymore. I got a new contacts prescription at the beginning of this year – same brand I’ve been wearing for 10 years, but a new prescription. And even though I could see pretty well, my eyes were constantly red and dry and burning.

For a while I just thought I wasn’t getting enough sleep, but after 6 months…I know I’ve caught up on my sleep, so I went back to see my Dr. yesterday.

He’s the nicest guy, young, attractive, and very friendly and easy to talk to. He looked at my eyes, and he said, “Woman, your eyes ARE red!” He asked me a few questions, told me not to wear my contacts for a week (how am I supposed to put my makeup on now?? I can’t see w/o my contacts!), and gave me 2 different drops to put in my eyes.

Then he told me to call him in a week to tell him how I’m doing, and he walked me to the front desk to check out. As he handed my chart to the nurse, he said, “There’s no charge for today.”

What?? Did I hear him right? I did! How awesome is that? I was kinda worried about the cost of my visit, since my insurance only pays for one visit a year (that’s a big reason why I waited 6 months to go in), and then he was so cool as to not charge me. I LOVE my eye doctor! (Oh, I said that already)

Anyway, I’ve used the drops, I managed to get my mascara on without my contacts (I was only 2” from the mirror, but at least I don’t look like a zombie today), and my eyes are worse than yesterday!!

I’ll give it a couple days to work…but, for now, I think I’ll go home, fix myself a drink, and put a cold washcloth on my eyes.

Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Amy said...

oh, hope they feel better! i think eye irration is the worst!! you can't get comfortable...no tv, no reading...
on another note...my blog address changed to amydeanne.blogspot.com

G&K said...

Ow! Sometimes it does get worse before it gets better... that was really cool of him to not charge you!!! I know how you feel about not being able to see- I used to wear an old pair of glasses to sleep in so I could see the clock in the middle of the night without having to fumble around to find my glasses. Now I wear the Night & Day contacts that I can wear for up to a month without taking them out! I love them!!! Hope you have a good weekend- I plan to be lazy and not do anything for once!!! :-)

Amy said...

sally, thanks for your really sweet comment on my page. i appreciate all your support and love, it brought tears to my eyes. thank you!

Overwhelmed! said...

Wow! I'm sorry about the burning, red eyes thing. I wear contacts too and I've had that problem in the past. For me, it was caused by a small chunk missing from my contact that I wasn't aware of until I took them out and looked at them closer!

What a sweet doctor not to charge you.

I hope your eyes get better soon!

P.S. Yes, I guess I would've liked them to ask me about what I had eaten before I donated a pint of blood. ((sigh)) Oh well, live and learn.

Elyce said...

One word: lasik.

One of the best decisions of my life. Seriously.