Jayme and I were able to log onto Kim's blog, and we posted something there, too. And we asked others who posted tributes to leave links there. Go check it out.
Also, a few weeks ago, Jayme posted the sweetest thing about her 3 sisters-in-law. You can read about it here...it's even more special now.
And this post on Kim's blog shows how strong her faith was. She had confidence that God would take care of her and that He is in control.
Other memories have continued to come back to me...
* our family games of cards and chicken foot (my FAVORITE domino game) around the 'Rents dining room table
* the mad dash to open gifts on Christmas morning
* braving a blizzard to drive to Gary and Kim's wedding last April
* braving a blizzard to meet the siblings and spouses for dinner...just because
* watching Uncle G giggle with the girls on the floor
* the way G & K would tirelessly drive the 8+ hours from their home to ours several times a year just because they wanted to see us so badly
* the jabbing back and forth about the Broncos and Chiefs -- text messages while we were at games and watching games on TV together
Y'know, times like this always make you reflect on your own life a bit. The Colonel and I are so grateful for each other, and he's been hugging me tighter lately. I love it, and I love him so much!