Sunday, September 03, 2006

2 Corinthians 4:17-18

"For our present troubles are small and won't last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! So we don't look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever."

This is the third year I'm reading through the One Year Bible. This will be the FIRST year I start and finish it...on time. This year I bought the New Living Translation as it makes for easier reading. I use a more literal translation for studying, but I like the NLT for daily reading.

I'm a little behind on my reading...this move has my priorities all messed up. I caught up while we were driving from CA to KS, but now I'm behind again.

Today I started to try to catch up...the above scripture from 2 Corinthians is from the reading for Aug 31.

My instinct when I get stressed out is to take everything on my own shoulders, and everything regarding this move has followed this pattern. As I sat (on the floor) in my living room today, in tears, I realized that I hadn't read my daily reading in a while...hmm, could that have something to do with my stress?

So, I pulled out my One Year Bible and started reading. 2 Corinthians 4:17-18 stood out to me...literally, as it's the recommended memory verse for Aug 31. How appropriate.

I've been so worried about "my" stuff getting here that I completely overlooked that it isn't MY stuff at all, it's HIS. He allowed me to have it, he gave me the skills and opportunities to achieve it. He can also take it all away (interestingly, I've been reading Job for the Old Testament portion of my readings lately).

I pray that I don't have to live without those things that are still on a truck somewhere, but my eyes certainly have been opened tonight. God - Thank you for pointing me back in the right direction. I already feel better. It's out of my hands now...directly into His.

No comments: