Sunday, September 03, 2006

Pouting

It's my birthday. I slept on the floor last night. There is NO sign of the moving truck.

Happy 32nd year on this planet.

Last night we had dinner and cake and ice cream at my in-laws, and then we played my favorite domino game...chicken foot.

Then we came home to an empty house and bedded down on the floor again. My BIL loaned us an air mattress, so I thought I might actually get some good sleep last night. No luck...the mattress deflated in the middle of the night, so I was now laying on top of a cold plastic sheet, on the floor.

I woke B up to tell him I was going to pump it up again (it's pretty loud with the electric pump), and when I finished, Rerun wanted outside. Since we don't have the dog door in yet, I had to let him out myself. Well, he is still getting used to the yard, so he wanted to explore at...1:30am. I didn't have my glasses or my contacts on, and I thought he was throwing up, so I went to grab my shoes so I could check on him. When I got back outside, I saw him go tearing, full speed, across the yard after a rabbit! Full speed and headed right for the wrought iron fence...I yelled at him to stop, but he didn't listen, and then I heard the fence rattle...then silence.

I yelled at him again, but no response...I thought my dog was dead! I went running across the lawn and found him rigid staring into the darkness where the rabbit had gone. I don't know if he actually hit the fence or not, but he was going pretty fast. I grabbed him, both of our hearts were pounding, and I lugged him back inside.

I laid back down on my newly pumped up air mattress and tried to go back to sleep. Just as I was falling asleep, I started sinking to the floor again...I have NO idea what is wrong with this mattress. I gave up on it and rolled onto the floor.

I woke up this morning in a BAD mood.

I wanted to go to church, but B wouldn't go with me, so instead I asked him to take me to breakfast for my bday. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that many people eat breakfast in Wichita. We drove around and around looking for somewhere to eat. We found an IHOP and a Panera...both with lines out the door. We ended up at Village Inn, which ended up to be ok. I had chocolate crepes filled with strawberries and whipped cream...mmm...they were YUMMY!! I got my caffeine fix taken care of, and I started to get into a better mood.

When we got home from breakfast, I pulled my hair back, threw on a cap, and took off in my baby (aka Saab) with the top down and headed for the nail salon. After a manicure and pedicure and a short shopping trip to Target...I feel much better.

Still no sign of the moving truck, but there's not much I can do now. I just pray that our stuff shows up in one piece with no damage...before my 33rd birthday.

No comments: