Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Good things do happen

But not to me...

Well, that's not entirely true...it just feels like that.

So, B's younger brother (who's my age) called us last week to tell us that he proposed to his girlfriend (about time!). We had been teasing him for almost a year to not let her get away. B's youngest brother's wife and I are excited about another SIL, and B's older sis could definitely use more chicas around with all these brothers! We will be heading up to Colorado around tax time next year for their wedding.

On Sunday, my brother called to say that he and his wife are expecting! They got married earlier this year, and his wife was anxious to get started in the kid department. B and I will become aunt and uncle again. Between the 2 of us, we have 4 nieces and 2 nephews...is it our turn yet?

We are celebrating with our family members at their good news this week. It was nice news to hear after our "miserable" weekend...maybe this trend will continue...house for sale...hint, hint...

2 comments:

maddie said...

oh, dear. good things are coming your way in the mail! :)

Sally said...

yay! I can't wait!