Sunday, October 22, 2006

GREAT Weekend

Wow! This weekend is completly 180 degrees from last weekend!

I'm having a GREAT weekend, and it's still not over!

It started on Friday afternoon when I stopped to get the mail. Now, I LOVE email...it's so convenient and it really helps me stay in touch with my friends and family...but there really is something to be said for good old fashioned USPS mail. In my mailbox on Fridaywas a big box from my college buddy who lives in NorCal. Inside were 4 Chick Lit books AND some yummy chocolates (I'm going to go eat one right now). How fun is that?? Shell, thank you so much! I can't wait to start reading!

Then on Friday night, we went to the football game at the high school that B graduated from. His buddy Jay and his girlfriend went with us. It was so much fun, and SO hilarious. Those silly boys got all puffed up when we got there, talking about how maybe they would be asked to make an appearance on the field at half time, and they could not stop telling stories about "that game where..." We sent them to buy us snacks and they came back wearing CHS jerseys! AND, to top it off, CHS won! It's the first game they've won this season! Their last game of the season is this Thursday, and we've already decided that we're going. Small town life at its best!

Saturday morning, I got up much too early, and my friend and I drove a couple hours to OKC to attend the BIGGEST craft fair I've EVER been to. It was at the state fair grounds, and there were 5 HUGE buildings filled with crafts, and food, and furniture, and clothes and jewelry, and all kinds of fun things. We shopped and shopped until our feet couldn't take it anymore, and we were running into people with all the bags we were carrying. I bought a few Christmas gifts, several soup and dip mixes, some Christmas ornaments, and some really fun headbands. This is going to be a new tradition for me. I'm going EVERY year from now on! Our poor hubbies stayed home and planned on playing golf but it was rainy and cold here at home. My friend's hubby wimped out, and decided to stay home and watch football...but B braved the cold (he said it didn't rain on him), and he played 18 holes. There were only 3 cars in the parking lot!

Even though it was rainy and overcast yesterday, today is beautiful! The sky is blue, there's not a cloud in the sky, and it's cool enough that I was able to wear a turtleneck, my Ann Taylor skirt, boots, and a wool coat to church this morning. We ate at yummy McAllister's for lunch, and I'm still sipping on my sweet tea as I watch the Chiefs ROMP ALL OVER the Chargers! Sorry KK! My Buddy KK (who lives in San Diego) called at the start of the game to give me grief because my boys weren't performing...but as we chatted through the first half of the game, things turned around. Does it get any better than this??

C'mon, did the Chargers really expect to beat the Chiefs at Arrowhead?? Of course, anything can happen in the 14 minutes that are left in the game, but my weekend is going so great, I'm going to remain optimistic! Ok, as I typed this, those stinky Chargers scored again...but we'll hold 'em...Go Chiefs!

So, here I sit, watching the game, sipping sweet tea, catching up on email and blogging, doing my laundry, and looking out the window at the blue skies and green grass...oh yeah, and I'm in the middle of planning an Open House where I'll bring in a bunch of direct marketing companies to sell all of us girls a bunch of fun stuff -- jewelry, make-up, cookware, candles, scrapping stuff...and I will get free stuff from all the sales so I can do my own shopping!

When the game ends, I'm going to call my SIL, who moved yesterday and couldn't go to OKC with us, to see if she wants me to go help her unpack in her new place. Maybe I'll stop for a latte on the way...

Not a bad weekend, 'eh?

2 comments:

maddie said...

yipee! i'm so glad my package arrived, and that it was nice and quick, too!

the craft fair sounds great. there's a great scrapbook store here that i go to often...so often they know me there. :) i go there whenever i'm blue, so it seems like i'm there a lot these days. but, i have to say, it's the best scrapbook store i've been to.

i'm glad your boys won!!! i'm a baseball girl myself, so i've got a long way to wait until it's my time to cheer again, so i'll cheer for your boys, too, much to c's chagrin, of course, as he's a huge 49ers fan!

Sally said...

Thank you SO much for the package. It really did make my day. I can't wait to get started reading...I have a WHOLE stack of books that should help me get through the cold winter.

Oh, the one book called Learning Curves (I think)...it's so funny that you sent that one. I've read it! It's great! See, we pick out the same great books! Since I've read that one already, do you want me to send it on to someone else?