Thursday, June 28, 2007

Birthday Celebrations

Today is my nephew's first birthday, and tomorrow is my SIL's birthday...so, tonight we are heading to Small Town, KS, to celebrate w/ the fam-damily.

B's older sis has been in town this week w/ her kids (her son is the kid turning 1 today), and I haven't seen her yet. I'm bummed...B's youngest bro and his family (including my SIL who's bday is tomorrow) have been at the 'Rents all week and last weekend, too, and we haven't been able to participate in the fun yet.

Of course, as much as I want to see and hang out with them, I'm insisting on going to the gym after work before we head down there (I talk about it like it's a long drive or something...it's only about 25 minutes from our house). I would have more time to hang out if I'd bypass the gym, but my favorite aerobics instructor, and new friend, is teaching my favorite step class this afternoon, and I refuse to miss it!! Especially since Missy will be on vacation next week, and I'll have to go through withdrawls then anyway.

So, I'll rush to step class after work, rush home to shower and change, and rush down to the 'Rents for fried hamburgers for dinner (the food is SO not what's important...and note to self: teach 'Rents how to BBQ burgers, not fry them in a pan, in the house...yuck!), and fun w/ the nieces and nephew and gifts for the birthday kids (yes, SIL is still a kid, in my book!).

My mom and dad are somewhere in New Mexico as I type this, and they'll be here sometime tomorrow. Yay! A fun weekend is up ahead -- Mom and Dad here, and a quick family reunion w/ B's family (including cousins and aunts and uncles who I can never remember who they are or how they're related...oh well).

3 comments:

Terri said...

Glad you get to bask in fun and family this weekend. Sounds like fun. And I so wish I had that desire/will to do workouts! I need to take a cue from you.

G&K said...

Well, we can be clueless together! :-) -and my package shipped last night- so it should be at your doorstep sometime today... :-)
See you tomorrow!

Sally said...

Terri - once you start, it's hard to stop...but it's the starting part that's tough! I'm addicted now, and I feel so sluggish and yucky if I don't go. I'm already freaking out about when I can get a workout in w/ all the family around for the next week...I'm a little psycho, I think!

Suez - I'll look for the package this afternoon...see ya tomorrow! Drive safe, and write, write, write! =)