Monday, June 11, 2007

Weekend of Sequels

It’s been a while since I posted, and there’s no good reason for my absence…I’ve been running blog ideas through my head, but I haven’t taken the time to sit down and write them out.

June is flying by! I can’t believe it’s June 11 already. We are going to be very busy for the next month or so, and I’m so excited!

I had a great weekend. It started out on Friday night with dinner with a friend of mine. Our schedules have been off lately, so we haven’t been able to catch up. We dined at Outback since both of our hubbies don’t care for it…and we even ordered fried mushrooms as an appetizer…yumm! After dinner, we headed to the mall so she could help me pick out a dress for the wedding I’m going to in NJ in 2 weeks. I bought 2 dresses, but I still don’t think I’ve found the right one. Why isn’t shopping fun when you HAVE to find something?? After my trip to the mall, hubby and I camped out on the couch to watch Pirates II, so we would be prepared for our trip to the theater for Pirates III on Saturday night.

Saturday was devoted to my niece’s 5th birthday at the Z-O-O. About 10 kids and 15 adults showed up to eat cake, open gifts and follow “the Queen” around (her name for herself). She had the map, and it was up to her to direct us to what animal to see next. Penguins were first since they’re the newest animal to the zoo…but then she wanted to see the rhino which just so happened to be back where we started from. That was the way it went all day! By 3pm, B and I were exhausted and ready to go home for a nap before our night on the town (a.k.a out to the movies).

We chose our downtown theater to see Pirates III because you can push this handy-dandy button from your seat and order food – and not just popcorn and candy – we had burgers and fries and salads…all at our seat while we watched the movie. Our server was a little slow, so our food showed up right when the lights went out, making it a little tough to see what I was eating. Oh well, it tasted good. The movie wasn’t that great, though, I don’t think. To be honest, I really didn’t like Pirates II, either. I thought the story line was too complex and hard to follow, and the movie was WAY too long!

We had some big thunder storms Saturday night, and none of us slept (dogs included!), so we woke up tired on Sunday morning. We still got up and headed to church and lunch after, and then I took a nap while B headed to the golf course. Somehow I got my booty off the couch long enough to do 2 loads of laundry, make cookies, and whip up a new recipe for dinner (Italian Wedding Pasta – it was ok, not earth shattering, but ok).

We ate dinner, chatted with some neighbors and then watched the first hour of Mission Impossible III (it was the weekend of sequels!)…and that was all we could take before we crawled upstairs to bed.

And here it is, another Monday…happy happy joy joy! Hope you all had a great weekend, too!

No comments: