Friday, August 31, 2007

Rejoice!

One of my co-workers gets these little "grace for the day" emails every day, and he's started to forward them to a few of us who are just as stressed and frustrated with work as he is. This is the one for today...I want to be this excited about my relationship with God!

I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior.
Habakkuk 3:18 NIV


When a baby sees his mother's face, every part of his body wiggles, jiggles, and smiles with delight.

His source of joy is the one he loves, the one he recognizes, even at an early age, the one who loves him in return.

Growing in your relationship with God is not just an exercise in getting to know the Bible better. It is all about getting to know God better, up close and personal. He wants to be the source of your joy and delight.

Even when circumstances are anything but happy, true joy is as close as God's loving presence. Spend time talking to Him, finding comfort in His promises and contentment in His love. There is no deeper joy this side of Heaven.

Joy is the most infallible sign of the presence of God. -- Leon Blo

No comments: