Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Update on SIL's Dad

Thanks to all of you who prayed for my SIL's dad last week. Your prayers were definitely felt!

There is good news...here's the latest email from my SIL

Hi.
My dad ate his first meal today. :)

A new doctor came in and seems to be ALOT more interested in getting some answers as to what happened. He told my dad that one of the reasons he thinks the other doctors may have been confused is because he looks different internally than the average person. It's because of the 30 surgeries that my dad has had in the past from his accident (when the drunk driver hit him before I was even born) He had a lot of experimental surgeries. He said even my dad's main artery that goes to his heart is clamped off and it looks like they built one in a different area. (A fact I never knew before)

He sat down and got a full history of my dad's previous surgeries and said that maybe there's a connection somehow (since some of them were experimental).

They ran some new tests and now we are just waiting for the results.



There are still some unanswered questions, but the bottom line is that he was able to avoid surgery and they finally have a doctor who is working towards figuring all this out. Thanks again!

No comments: