I have too many little things to share, so you're getting them all at once...
* The 4 month shots didn't go quite as well as the 2 month round. We saw a new doctor since we couldn't get in to our normal one. And I LOVED her. She's new to the practice, pregnant with her second, and she took a ton of time with us. I requested her for our 6-month appointment again. Our appointment ended up being close to nap time, so Lil Major was starting to fuss by the time we were ready for shots. He screamed bloody murder with the first poke, and just kept going til we were done. I was able to calm him fairly quickly, but I felt so bad for him. He did great until he woke up from his nap that afternoon, and then the poor boy was in so much pain, but it was too early for more Tylennol. He finally calmed down and has been better since, but he's sure sleeping a lot today. My poor baby!
* Mom and I had hair appointments this morning. We're so funny, we always insist on new haircuts and color and fresh manis/pedis before we go out of town. I'm not sure if I'll be able to afford the nails this time, but I do have some rockin' hair now. Here's my first attempt at a self portrait...I have bangs!! For the first time since college. When did I get so brave??
* Lil Major and I leave in one week for our trip to CA. We're (or at least I am) so excited! Well, excited to be there, not so excited to travel there. I have a lot to get done this week, but even more to do before Mom and Dad leave in 4 days - they're driving so they're going to take some of our stuff with them.
* I know that I never updated on day care...we decided that we WILL NOT be taking Lil Major to a day care center - in home or not. The one we visited was pretty bad, at least I thought so. There were a few things that scared me - mostly that a 6-month old that was there was lying in the middle of the floor where 2 7-year olds were chasing each other around...and a 2-year old girl was devastated that her daddy left her, and the lady didn't bother to comfort her - she just kept telling her she was "ok" and "that's enough". Mom is going to watch the kiddo when she's in town, and I'll be looking for some back-ups when she's travelling. I got another lead from my hair dresser today.
* I'm actually excited about work! I had a good first week, and I really think that I can make a difference there. I ended up working for an hour on Friday for a meeting, and I'll have to be careful that doesn't happen too often. It's so refreshing when a management team backs up what they say...and so far, these guys do! I KNOW I made the right decision to leave where I was. I feel like I can BREATHE again!
* It's August, and it's Kansas, and it's only 70 degrees outside. Woo hoo!! This is our reward for all those 100+ days.
* Remember the consignment sale that I missed when I had the kiddo early? Well, there was another one this weekend, and since I missed the one in April, I got to go to the pre-sale this time. And I'm SO glad I did! I spent $88 and came home with 25 items: 2 costumes, 2 pairs of shoes, 1 toy, 2 Baby Einstein DVDs, 2 jackets, 2 hats, 5 jammies, 1 overalls, 6 pants and 2 more complete outfits...whew! Not bad! I will be stalking all the consignment sales from now on! The funny this is that half of what I bought came from the same lady - guess we have the same (great) taste!
I think that's all for now. I'm going to try to get some stuff done around the house this weekend in prep for our trip next weekend...unless the Olympics starts to distract me! Go USA!