Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Where I've Been

First off, thanks for all the comments on the bus thing. I was really just ranting a bit, but you all made valid points. I've called the district before about crazy bus drivers and they don't do anything about it (another reason to not put my kid on the bus). And I understand about the risks of kids standing at a bus stop, but most parents wait with them anyway (if they're young). The other thing with them stopping at each house is that the kids spend 1 1/2 - 2 hours on the bus EACH WAY to and from school...imagine all the time they'd save if they stopped only 3-4 times in my neighborhood instead of 20!

On to other things...

I've been a little absent from cyber space lately. See, I've had a laptop...until recently. And I had to give it back. It belonged to my old employer. I guess I should have volunteered it when I quit, but they didn't ask for it, and it was old, and I didn't want to give it up. But, they realized I still had it, and they called asking for it last week. So, it's gone.

BUT, I have good news. See, I told The Colonel that we needed another laptop. Our desktop is ancient (7 years old), and it's down in the basement and it locks up all the time. I started doing research on consumer reports and watching the ads. And then The Colonel did something brilliant. He called his good friend from HS, who's a computer guru, and asked him if he had an extra laptop in his closet that we could buy from him. And you know what?? He did!! Literally! He had a one year old, but never used, laptop just sitting there. And the best part? Our "price" is a beer when he comes into town this weekend...with my new laptop! How cool is that??

I'm so excited. And once it gets here, I'll be back to posting super cute pictures and video of my adorable son. In the meantime...miss me while I'm absent.

6 comments:

Jana said...

good stinkin' thing!! i wanna see some more pics of my nephew doggone it!

Jayme said...

I was wondering where you went...

...how funny you have to give that lap top back. :) Darn...we were hoping they wouldn't notice. :)

Love you

Laura said...

THAT is a great deal!! I love friends with free computers!!

Amy said...

I do miss you! I hope work is going well.

Is Lil Major crawling yet? Hudson misses his buddy...come back to visit soon. Have you looked into plane tickets in Jan? No pressure...

bandofbrothers said...

wow, great deal. i am super happy for you!

Chelf said...

I would be buying the friend a CASE of beer,not just one! You are very blessed to have such good friends with such good stuff to share.