Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Frustration!

I was supposed to have a job interview today...notice I said "supposed to."

I spent a couple hours yesterday researching the company, writing down questions I have, making sure I had all the examples of work ready that I want to take, and looking for just the right outfit so I don't scream, "I'M PREGNANT!" when I walk in the door.

Then this morning, I get a call. From the recruiter. Saying that they need to "postpone" my interview. For budgetary reasons.

Why does this always happen to me??

Apparently, they've been in 2008 budget meetings all week, and they're questioning whether they have the budget for the department and position that I would be part of. I'm glad they're evaluating this now, and not after I accept the position, but really? All this tells me is that they may not be as committed to the philosophy that sold me on interviewing with this company in the first place.

From what I've heard, it sounds like a great company. The guy I would report to has responsibility for 3 plants, and doesn't live here. It's a non-union plant, which is AWESOME! The job description sounds great, and I would be a perfect fit based on that. My commute would be about 15 minutes longer, but I could probably live with that. It doesn't go through the rush hour traffic, it's just further.

The recruiter told me that she would keep in touch with them, that they still really want to talk to me, and that maybe after the New Year, things will be different. We'll see.

Oh well. Looks like I'm stuck here for a while.

1 comment:

G&K said...

Bummer! We'll at least they said thay would keep in touch- that's better than saying "thanks but no thanks", and it sounds like they were honest with you in their reason, no just blowing you off.