Friday, December 28, 2007

Off work?

Ha! That's what I thought. Two weeks away from the daily grind...who knew how hard I would really work, though.

My goal for these 2 weeks is to get a bunch of rooms rearranged in our house in preparation for Little Major's arrival. These moves involve 3 rooms -- turn the storage room into the office, the office into the guest room, and the guest room into the nursery.

I was expecting to have all of this done by the END of NEXT week. But, The Colonel has other ideas. Even though he called me The General in our Christmas letter, he seems to be giving me orders! He told me he wanted to move the guest bed downstairs this weekend, so we can paint and do some other stuff in the baby's room. What??

The Colonel and I have different ideas about how to move all our stuff around. I wanted to take this time to go through a bunch of stuff and get rid of old paperwork and organize a little more. The Colonel wants to just move stuff around, NOW. AS a compromise, I worked for hours yesterday and today cleaning stuff out and moving the computer to the new office. It already looks a lot better. Tomorrow we plan on heading over to Lowe's to use The Colonel's gift card to buy some paint and other supplies.

Guess this kid really is coming! =)

Speaking of the kid, I had a doctor's appointment today. The doc says that everything still looks great, and she gave me some info on some stretches I can do to try to relieve the back pain I've been having lately. I have to take the glucose test at my next appointment in 4 weeks, and then after that I start going every 2 weeks. I can't believe how fast time is going by! I'm only about 10 days away from starting my third trimester! Wow! It's time to start getting info on the classes that we want to take before Lil Major shows up.

Oh, and I plan on using one of my gift cards next week when I go for my first prenatal massage. I can't wait!

1 comment:

Billy said...

The Christmas get together sounded wonderful. I can't believe how time has flown by. Pretty soon, the baby will be here. It will be great!