Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Go Mustangs!

I found the most wonderful thing in my mailbox today! A package from my dear friend Shell. I hope that I wasn't supposed to wait until Christmas Day to open it because it's way too late for that now!

As soon as I got in the house and sat down with a piece of toffee (Shell's mom's recipe, minus the nuts since I'm now allergic), I ripped open the box to find these...


for me...



(...which I will work very hard to be able to wear after the kid is born.)


and for Lil Major...



It's his first Christmas present, and it's so cute!!

I met Shell while I was going to Cal Poly way back when (wow! It's been like 12 years ago, I think). We met through a mutual friend, and we spent many many hours after that in a country bar where we danced the night away or at one of the frat houses where we...well, y'know, we partied. Oh what fun we had!


Thanks, Shell! These are so special to me! Go Mustangs!

3 comments:

maddie said...

yay! i'm so glad you like them. i loved the shirt and got the same one for me 'cause we went to a few tractor pulls and rodeo's and i just HAD to get the peanut's shirt for lil' major!! it was the smallest one they had so i got the little booties so he could wear them right away. and did you open the card with the picture? i wanted to frame it, but i thought you might pick a better frame out that matches your house. the same photo is in our wedding album, too!

Jana said...

i STILL need to get what i got jackson-owen-aaron-gunner-anything-but-major in the mail!!

Sally said...

Shell - Oh yeah, those tractor pulls. Remember the year that I couldn't stop sneezing?? And the picture is awesome...thanks for sending it!

Janer - get to the post office!