Friday, April 04, 2008

Quick Update

Hello, again (yes, it's still Jana). Quick updates to last night's post . . .

1) I was wrong - they did NOT give her magnesium last night. The nurses set her up on an IV for it, but Sally was concerned about the side effects and asked a bunch of questions . . . long story short, it was never administered.

2) She's still in the hospital as of now (10:30am CST). They're still monitoring her BP - it's gone down, but is still pretty high at 148/90. They still have not gotten the original test results that they were waiting on yesterday. The dr. says that after a few more BP tests and some more BP medication (she's been on low doses since yesterday) she may be able to let her go w/o Sally having to finish the 24 hr. urine monitoring/testing that she started yesterday.

3) The doctor is very reluctant to go ahead and induce now for fear that Lil Major would have to remain in the hospital for at least a week or so. Therefore, if all goes according to planned, she will let Sally go home and do whatever they can to maintain the pregnancy until the 39th week, at which case they WILL induce. As of now, she will not let her go beyond week 39.

All that to say, hopefully my sister will be back home by this afternoon and will be able get on here herself to keep you all posted! :)

3 comments:

suezque said...

Thanks- Jana- for the updates. It's hard for us to not be there, we are praying, but is nice to know a little about what's going on.

Davi said...

yes, thanks for the updates. I will be praying for her and Lil Major!

Laura said...

It's so good to have all this information so that we know what to pray about...thank you! Sally...we're praying for you and the little guy...and even the Colonel too! Hugs!