I've never done this Thursday Thirteen thing before, but I thought I'd give it a shot this time. Here are 13 signs that I'm now a Mommy...
1. I no longer can eat a meal from start to finish without being interrupted by a hungry or dirty baby.
2. I now do laundry every day where I used to be able to stretch it to every 2 weeks.
3. I started this post this morning, and only got this far - it's 12 hours later and I'm attempting to finish.
4. I've been puked on more times in the last 3 days than I was in 5 years of college.
5. When it's the middle of the night, and I'm exhausted, I still get up and smile down at my son as he starts to wake up looking for a meal.
6. When I shop, I (willingly) bypass the women's clothes and head straight for the adorable baby section.
7. I drive an SUV with a stroller and a car seat inside.
8. My house is full of baby items, most of which I had no idea about until very recently.
9. My heart aches when the little guy starts to squeal, and I almost burst into tears when his little chin starts quivering.
10. I call my girlfriends and talk about spit up, bouncy chairs and feeding schedules instead of shopping trips, books we've read and our next vacations.
11. My counter is covered in bottles and breast pump accessories.
12. The pediatrician is on speed dial on my cell phone, and we've already been to her office 3 times (4th visit will be tomorrow).
13. I'm too exhausted to think of a 13th thing -- that should be evidence of a mommy right there.