Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Sad Day

I suppose this day had to come. I mean, I can't live as a twenty-something forever, can I? I predict that I will go through separation anxiety, that I will claw at the roof wondering why it won't come off, and that my dermatologist will jump for joy.

Don't worry, I haven't gone insane...well, maybe I have...the day has come to sell my baby...the Saab, that is. I spent hours yesterday afternoon cleaning and prepping My Joy and Sanity (the Saab) to leave me. I love my car, I really do. I've owned 5 cars since I was 16. And with each and every one of them, except this one, I was ready to give it up and move on to the next one. Oh, I missed all of them after I said goodbye, but I was always very happy with the replacement. But, I'm not at that point yet with the Saab. Little Major has accelerated the process of moving on. Remember this day last fall? What will I do now??





I wrote up an ad, made a flyer, priced my baby lower than Blue Book, and now I have to place the ad with cars.com. Once my baby sells, the plan is to purchase a used Nissan Murano...hopefully with at least a sun roof. It's a fun car, but I don't think I'll get all the sideways glances as I drive down the road as I did in the Saab. I guess it's time to act my age. Maybe in another 20 years I can get another convertible.

4 comments:

Jenni said...

Sally? You're only 21? You said you owned this car 5 years since you were 16. That makes you 21. Either you are too young to really be talking about acting your age, or those pregnancy hormones have started eating a few brain cells. (That happens you know.)

Just wait till Little Major gets a little older and you need to sell the Nissan for something like a Jeep so you can take the kiddo camping:o)

Sally said...

Thanks for catching my typo, Jenni - it's fixed now. I meant I've owned 5 cars since I was 16. I was really tired last night! =)

Oh, and there's no reason to buy a jeep because there will be no camping, because we HATE camping! I loved it as a kid, but mom did all the work. And B said he lived in the dirt for 6 years in the USMC, so he doesn't want to camp anymore, either.

maddie said...

noooo! you can't be selling sally, sally! i'm so sad for you. well, i'm glad i got to ride in it with you at least. :-)

Sheila said...

Wow. Email me how much you're selling yours for. I was considering doing the same with mine... its got some issues and I don't have the money to fix it. :(