Monday, March 10, 2008

killing time

Every vacation should come with a week to prepare and a week to recover tacked on to the end. I'm completely worthless at work today. I had a doctor's appointment this morning (which went very well, by the way), and then I wandered into work. And I went to a meeting...and that is about it.

I've mapped a bunch of places that my SIL and I may check out on our way to the airport tomorrow, cleaned out my email, monitored a couple things we have going on at work, and then I've sat here and watched the clock - wishing I was at home getting ready for our trip.

I love traveling. I love anticipating the trip, I love making my lists and packing, I love the actual travel (unless I get stuck in an airport or on a tarmac somewhere - or stuck sitting next to a stinky person), and I love the trip once I get there. I don't like unpacking when I get home, though!

This will be a fun trip, but the time will go by SO fast. There are so many things I want to do and people I want to see, and there's probably not time for it all. But, we will have a blast!

I'm not taking my laptop with me, so I don't know if I'll update while I'm gone...but you'll definitely hear from me when I get home!

4 comments:

The Hooper Family said...

Can't wait to hear all about your trip!!! Have fun and safe travels! We have to get together when you return!

Jayme said...

amen to that!!!!

Chelf said...

Be safe, and know that I am praying for you to stay that way.

Enjoy, and take lots of pictures, and make notes about all your fun!

Love Bears All Things said...

Have a good trip and stay safe. Be sure and get lots of rest.
Mama Bear