Monday, October 27, 2008

Our Monday

Whew! What a day! Lil Major and I sure accomplished a lot today. It feels good, but I'm exhausted!

Here's a rundown...we got a slow start, in part due to the fact that it stays dark til 7:30am (how weird is that??) and in part due to a teething almost 7-month old. So, it wasn't until after a short nap that we really got going. When I went in to check on the boy, I found this...him sleeping on TOP of his giraffe. Poor giraffe!



After naps, we got up, got dressed and headed out into the frigid morning (the news said wind chill was 24 this morning!!). We went to the post office and then to a discount grocery store where we ran into my hair stylist (of course, I hadn't done my hair - it was in a hat!) and a friend from church. Then we went back home for another nap...for the boy.

In between naps and giggling with my son, I made bread (in my breadmaker), made my lunch for tomorrow, cooked some chicken for salads, did some laundry and put the groceries away. By then, Lil Major needed a distraction from his sore gums, so we bundled up and went for a walk. Even though it was cool, it was gorgeous, and we had fun scaring the geese into the pond (we DID NOT have fun walking through their nasty poop!).




After Daddy got home tonight, we carved our pumpkins. Lil Major wasn't too excited about it, but he put up with us.

Before...


After...


Unfortunately, our masterpieces don't hold a candle to Terri's family. I'll plead small-child-getting-bored syndrome, so we rushed through it. All that matters is I have seeds that I can bake now. Oh, I also cooked a butternut squash during all of this -- some I'll use for Lil Major's food, and some I'll use for a butternut squash bisque. I'm still looking for a good recipe - anyone have any ideas??

My kitchen was quite the mess after all this, and I still had laundry to fold and the boy to put down. So, here I sit at 9:18pm with a clean kitchen, one more load to fold, clean hair and an exhausted body. I think it's time for bed!

8 comments:

Amy said...

Do you have an immersion blender? If so, I can point you to a good recipe. Perhaps not lowfat, but good. I didn't have the best experience with it...but it was partially because I tried putting it in the blender...which didn't work well..very messy.

Terri said...

great pumpkins! when lil major gets older he'll be asking you to re create the taj mahal on a pumpkin so enjoy these easy years! Thanks for the shout out! What is a bisque? is it soup? You'd think I'd know this because I LOVE food so much but I don't...

Jenni said...

Wow! Lil Major sure looks like his daddy in those sidebar pics. And he's just too dang cute all bundled up like that in his coat and fuzzy hat with the ear flaps. Babies are such fun:o)

bandofbrothers said...

at least you carved your pumpkins!
our pumpkins are too small...even if they were bigger we would probably be too busy:(

Sally said...

Agnes - No, I don't have an immersion blender...I'd have to use my regular blender. Maybe it's time to invest in one?

Terri - Yes, it's a soup, a yummy fattening super creamy soup!

Jody said...

Love him all bundled up! So cute!

I miss my immersion blender. If you have a food processor that might work.

Amy said...

Maybe it was my blender...but when I put in the hot liquid it blew off the lid and shot all over the kitchen. Like I said...messy. Plus it's a pain to transfer the soup to the blender and back and forth...

Laura said...

Oh, look how CUTE he is all bundled up for his walk!!