Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Wacky Weather

I think my warm welcome to Kansas is about to be up.

There are winter storm warnings for our area from tonight through Thursday night.

Yesterday it didn't get over 50 degrees, but last night while we tried to sleep through the rain, hail, thunder, and lightening, it somehow warmed up to 60 degrees. Yes, it was 60 when I left for work this morning.

It's supposed to get up to 70 degrees today, and then all hell will break loose. Tomorrow the high is supposed to be in the 30's with freezing rain and thunderstorms...and it only gets worse from there. Thursday, the high will be in the 20's with SNOW.

I have NO CLUE how to drive in snow or ice or sleet or anything else like that. I don't even like driving in the rain! Hellooo! I grew up in the central valley of California...give me some fog, will ya? I can drive in that!

Besides the fact that I may have to call in sick Wednesday and Thursday (or else I may end up in the hospital anyway from sliding off the icy roads), I am supposed to board a plane and fly away to sunny California on Friday morning at 6am!

Please, God, clear up this weather by then...I REALLY want to make it to my Buddy Weekend on time and in one piece!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

if it makes you feel any better, it has been freezing-ass cold here. the past 3 mornings i have left for work, my car has been covered in frost so thick i have had to let my car warm up for at least 10 minutes before i left. it was also a bitter 29 degrees when i left each day. so not like the weather in so cal!!!

Sally said...

Wow! I had no idea it got that cold in Norcal! Does it snow, too??

Hmm, guess that means you could live here and be ok, huh? Hint, hint... =)