Thursday, January 10, 2008

On the Brain

I saw this quiz over on Sheila's blog, and I had to see what my results were.

I follow politics, mostly because The Colonel does. I read the headlines in the paper and read further if the headline is interesting. I won't hide that I'm an ultra conservative, and I'm very opinionated. Unfortunately, I don't always find out all the facts...I go with more of an internal feeling. Don't hate me because of that.

I'm very scared for the presidential election this year. I DO NOT care one iota for Obama or Billary (oops, I mean Hillary). They scare the crap out of me. In fact, I'm kinda thinking that Obama might turn out to be the anti-Christ, but you never know. I'm really praying that people don't vote for Obama just b/c he'd be the first black president, and I'm also praying that people don't vote for Billary b/c she'd be the first woman president. Not that I wouldn't like to see one of those things happen in my lifetime, but these two are DEFINITELY not the right choices.

Anyway, back to the quiz. The results are not surprising...Republicans are who I would (and will) vote for. Too bad I don't yet know a lot about many of them. Guess I have some homework to do.

Take the quiz if you're interested and see where you fall out. I really don't want my blog to turn into a political debate, I have a hard time debating in a peaceful manner, and I want you all to still be my friends...so just keep that in mind if you comment. =)


73% Tom Tancredo
71% Mike Huckabee
70% Fred Thompson
69% Mitt Romney
67% John McCain
56% Ron Paul
51% Rudy Giuliani
40% Joe Biden
39% Hillary Clinton
37% Bill Richardson
34% Barack Obama
34% Chris Dodd
33% John Edwards
18% Dennis Kucinich
16% Mike Gravel

2008 Presidential Candidate Matching Quiz

5 comments:

maddie said...

just make sure you vote the way YOU want to and not the way someone else wants you to. do some research and find the candidate that works best for you. figure out what issues are most important to you and see how the candidates measure up against how you feel. that's what i do to pick mine. :)

Terry said...

I am so not lookinh forward to the election..... uhhhh :(

Sheila said...

So, do you think Tom is you guy? Or were you 'shocked'?

Sally said...

Good advice, Shell, thanks!

Terry - I'm not looking forward to it, either. Ugh!

Sheila - Can I make a confession?? I don't have a clue who Tom is! That's how much homework I have to do!

Hubby and I are very similar, if not exact, in our political views, so I let him do a lot of the homework for me, and I ask him questions. Usually we vote the same when it comes to people, but on some of the bills and other things, we'll be a little different.

Chelf said...

Don't bother researching Bill Richardson. He is a Dem from New Mexico, and he officially dropped from the race yesterday.