Monday, January 21, 2008

Tick Tock

Tick Tock Tick Tock...that is what I'm listening to right now -- that and the wind whipping outside my living room windows. I CAN NOT SLEEP!

If there is one thing that I am not enjoying about my pregnancy, it's this sleep thing. For the most part, my pregnancy has been easy so far. Oh sure, I don't exactly enjoy watching the numbers on the scale increase almost daily or seeing my butt and my arms get bigger and bigger or how I have to grunt and heave to sit down on the floor, but compared to others, I've had it easy.

But, this night thing is really getting to me. I can pretty much expect to wake up every hour and either need to pee or turn over in bed to TRY to get more comfortable. And then there are nights like tonight. I got up and peed, I blew my nose, I turned over so many times in bed that I'm surprised The Colonel didn't kick me out. Still, I'm awake and not comfortable - and there are 3+ more months of this!

I finally got out of bed and came to the living room, where the wind is much louder and the blankets not as comfy, but I just couldn't lie in bed staring at the clock projecting on the ceiling any more. Of course, when 6:30 comes and I need to get up, I'll be exhausted...but for now, I'm wide awake.

I've caught up on all my bloglines, checked my email, now what?? I'm kinda hungry...maybe I'll go get a snack. Or maybe I'll turn on the TV. Or maybe I'll just lie here and stare at the ceiling in the living room...

4 comments:

suezque said...

At least you have a reason for your insomnia! Now if I could just figure out why I haven't been sleeping... I have a sneaky suspicion that I'll sleep a lot better on Thursday... we'll see.
You are into double digit days left now instead of triple- that baby will be here before you know it! :-)

Amy said...

sounds like your body is preparing you for nightly feedings! at least you'll be more prepared? i on the other hand could sleep 15 hours a day if it were possible! hope you get some rest tonight.

Jana said...

wow! it's started way earlier for you than for me!! i mean, i wasn't getting good sleep at that point, but it wasn't till my last 6 wks. that i was up and out of bed due to my insomnia! ;) sorry, sis. that sucks. if it makes you feel any better, i'm not getting any restful sleep either due to my son's seemingly constant growth spurts which cause him to want to eat every 2 frickin' hours!!

Angel said...

I agree with Amy. After having two kids of my own I think it's mother natures way of getting you ready to be awake at odd hours to feed the baby. Sleep deprivation is one of mom's job requirements. hang in there. It will get better in 7 years.