Sunday, July 23, 2006

Lazy Sunday

I have a million things to do...and I'm sitting on the couch. It's unbearably hot outside...of course, that's no surprise, it's been that way for over a week now. B woke up early to watch a golf tournament this morning, so I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep. I went downstairs and curled up on the couch next to him and snoozed for another hour or so. Then we got up and went to church...it was already terribly hot at 9am as we were walking in! Mom left for a conference today, so we went to lunch w/ Dad after church, then ran a couple errands. When we got home, I told myself I would read the paper and then start doing some things around the house...well, reading the paper led to a 2 hour nap, and I didn't get off the couch until 4pm! It did feel good though. Of course, that means that I still haven't done anything on my list...maybe after I finish this posting...

I ended up seeing Devil Wears Prada instead of Dupree the other night. It was the right decision, I think. The movie theater was crawling with teenage punks and all we heard was the F-word over and over again. I think they were all going to see Dupree. So, we marched ourselves into Devil and shared the huge theater with about 20 other ADULTS. (I'm getting so old!). It was a great movie! But, definitely a chick flick...I felt bad for all the guys that had to sit through all the discussions about clothes and shoes and hair. I still want to see Dupree, but I think I'll wait until it comes out on DVD...when did the theaters jack up their prices to $9.50??? Give me the dollar theater!

Tomorrow I will have to explain thousands of times why we're moving and when and what's the whole story. I will be exhausted by the end of the day. At least the story is out now. Although it must have stayed pretty quiet over the weekend because I only got one phone call asking about it. I'm only working 4 days this week because Friday we're driving down south with Dad to meet Mom and spend a couple days on the coast. We'll enjoy cooler weather (hopefully) and take a quick trip into TJ to do some bartering. We got a killer deal online for a hotel...at least I hope it's a killer deal...we'll see when we check in.

Ok, ok, it's time to go get some stuff done.

No comments: